Monday, February 4, 2013

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

I took my second trip to Pittsburgh to give a lecture at Carnegie Melon´s Entertainment Technology Center.

DSCF1739

View from my friend´s house who hosted me. I love the skyline on this, with the normal residential houses up front. Gives a great sense of scale.

DSCF1732

Super tasty restaurant, Fat Heads. Building design was great too.

DSCF1715

American Eagle headquarters. The steel tree and eagle cutout along with the tall steel girders give a great sense of texture and scale.

DSCF1712

Plenty of greenery spaced around Pittsburgh. I liked the park up front with city and bridge in background of this one.

DSCF1710

Texture and color interplay.

DSCF1699

The even row of brightly colored threes, expanse of even colored grass, and the arch of the bridge are what I like about this one.

DSCF1695

Blue and green are my favorite colors together.

DSCF1694

I like the evenness of these AC units, with the turquoise glass above.

DSCF1693

More blue and green with nicely structured windows.

DSCF1690

So much details in this city shot. Signs, construction, window repetition, and the background buildings.

DSCF1679

There were a few dilapidated buildings as well.

DSCF1678 DSCF1663

Most of the time was dreary and grey, so this tall foreboding skyscraper captured the mood perfectly.

DSCF1610

The technology center building where I lectured.

DSCF1609

I like the yellow girders framing this old man trudging uphill.

DSCF1604

So much color!

DSCF1589

This one is back in DC during the layover. I liked the repetition of houses with color variations.

DSCF1788

Also in DC, the bright pink engine is great color.

No comments:

Post a Comment