Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Bicycling to work

Taking the X100 with me everywhere means I'm always ready to take a shot. I saw this pattern during a brief walk to the insurance company, it's an apartment complex with glassed in balconies. I had to do heavy perspective correction, but I love how it looks as a nice even grid.

DSCF0040.jpg

Harpa, the new opera house, I bicycle past every morning. I find it so interesting, so I will probably be photographing it a lot. This past morning, the sun was lighting it so evenly, and I could get the entire building in one image with very little clutter, so it seemed like a good idea.

DSCF0017.jpg

The symmetry of these two doors, plus the rounded overhang and gridded concrete squares on the bottom made me want to photograph this.

DSCF0018.jpg

The national museum of Iceland is also a building which architecture I like, so I'm always tempted to photograph it, especially when the light is as nice as this.

DSCF0019.jpg

This shot I saw on the way to drink a few beers with a friend. It's the kind of trip I would never have taken a larger camera on, but now I don't even think. I love the even grid of the windows, but the heavy vertical windowed structure on the left.

DSCF0031.jpg

Same trip, opposite direction. I thought the sun cutting across the middle of the building created an interesting line of dark and light texture of the bricks.

DSCF0032.jpg

Another grid pattern that I like so much.

DSCF0037.jpg

I love the parliament building. It has so many different looks depending on the time of day and the light.

DSCF0039.jpg

The bright sunlight off the clean white buildings is what attracted me to photograph this afternoon.

DSCF0043.jpg

DSCF0044.jpg

I like the strong contrast of this, and the low color building but with strong green bushes. Something solid about the composition.

DSCF0046.jpg

My bedroom, I loved how the light pouring through the narrow window opening bounced onto the wall, filled the white lamp shade, and reflected off the mirror onto the bed, such an interesting pattern of light.

DSCF0047.jpg

This is from a morning ride with Oskar. I like the architecture of the building, but the color of the flowers in the front provides a nice foundation for it to rise out of.

DSCF0108.jpg

I like the grid of this, the clean white wall, the dark doors, and the one splash of color of the greenery.

DSCF0111.jpg

This one really needs to be seen on a black background (if you click through to flickr and press L you can do that easily) to see into the shadows. I love the soft sun ball coming through the haze over the dark building. It's much easier to see into the shadows on a good monitor, and I would have to optimize the exact brightness for a print, but I really like this one.

DSCF0109.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment