Monday, July 11, 2011

sunny summer

I took a bike ride to the public beach and what should have been a 10 minute ride turned into a 30 minute one, I just kept seeing photo opportunities.

The strong white walls, and fence with details is what I liked about this.

DSCF0157.jpg

Some of the most interesting architecture in houses is located here facing the ocean.

DSCF0158.jpg

I like the framing from the trees, and how it feels like this house's yard is secluded, while still having good views from these upper windows.

DSCF0160.jpg

I love the texture of these corrugated walls, and the height of the antennae. I brought the value of the blues way down to get a nice dark sky.

DSCF0161.jpg

Again, I love texture, so these pylons made a great scene.

DSCF0163.jpg

I love bounced light plus perspective converging.

DSCF0175.jpg

I like this one for the different value ranges almost as much as the composition.

DSCF0177.jpg

I love this little fisherman's cottage, complete with net drying frames. The sun was harsh but I managed to squeeze it all in.

DSCF0178.jpg

I love these farmhouses against the misty mountains in the back. (probably have to click for large to really see)

DSCF0156.jpg

I hadn't seen this before, but it appears to be a shared garden space. I really like the bottom half as garden, top half as apartment complex, showing how a dense city can still grow food.

DSCF0154.jpg

I like the white posts framing this secluded doorway.

DSCF0152.jpg

One of the buildings downtown. The bright wall with windows breaking it up, plus the texture of the wall itself, drew me.

DSCF0148.jpg

I love the framing of this. Tall buildings left and right, wall of almost dead sod in the front with weeds, then a guy in shorts weed-whacking in the middle, all on an overcast day.

DSCF0145.jpg

Foggy morning. The reduced contrast is what I wanted to capture.

DSCF0144.jpg

I liked this one purely for the light bouncing.

DSCF0141.jpg

DSCF0140.jpg

It was a beautiful day out, so when I saw these sailboats I knew I wanted to try to get a photo with them in it.

DSCF0133.jpg

A friend gave us a tour of the cruise ship he was working, and I saw this composition and had to snap.

DSCF0128.jpg

Viðey Island, click for larger. I love how peaceful this island is, just across from busy Reykjavik. This is where Yoko Ono's peace light tribute to John Lennon is located.

DSCF0127.jpg

The lobby of the cruise ship. Loved this sculpture and the light filtering through the stained glass.

DSCF0125.jpg

From a morning bike ride, I just liked the value range. The middle window is surrounded by aluminum foil (to block the midnight sun from keeping the sleepers awake).

DSCF0182.jpg

A spider outside my 3rd floor window.

DSCF0218.jpg

A male tried to come and woo her, but after 10 minutes of watching, he hadn't yet succeeded.

DSCF0225.jpg

2 comments:

  1. Great photos! Thanks for sharing. I see you and your live through this photos. It's so interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ben, always enjoy your posts, partly because we live in such opposite environments!

    ReplyDelete