Monday, May 9, 2011

laugarvatn

I took a trip out to Laugarvatn this weekend with my family in law. Was great. Tiny wooden house, out in the countryside. Even being on crutches it was an amazing recharge. Sleeping late, gorgeous scenery, NO INTERNET (a good thing on vacation), family, good talks, making pizza for everyone, lamb legs, ice-cream, it was everything a good vacation should be.

But first, a few squares from Reykjavik near the main shopping mall.

DSCF1006.jpg

DSCF1008.jpg

DSCF1011.jpg

DSCF1012.jpg

This old man crossing the road made me want to snap. The goal of this blog is not to over think, but to shoot a lot, and try to hone my photographic eye. Not sure what made me want to take a photo of him, and he was quite far away so this is a bit of a crop, but tried to make the best of the image in post to capture what it was I saw in real life to make me want to grab it.

DSCF0999.jpg

Now, Icelandic nature. (needs no introduction)

DSCF1208.jpg

DSCF1216.jpg

DSCF1096.jpg

DSCF1074.jpg

DSCF1063.jpg

DSCF1128.jpg

Couldn't help but doing one geometric square at the Geysir stop. The orange and wooden boards drew me to it.

DSCF1135.jpg

DSCF1143.jpg

DSCF1167.jpg

1 comment: