Tuesday, June 21, 2011

portrait session

Since this year of shooting with only the X100, I've been doing more shoots with no lights. I don't quite like it as much as with lighting, but it's a learning experience, which is the point of the one-year one-camera one-lens exercise.

DSCF2090.jpg
My favorite from the shoot. I deliberately front focused for that soft look I liked so much from my earlier shoot in the cemetery. With a black and white treatment and grain added, I really like the end result.

This is one where I would have really liked to have lights with, but I still like anyway:
DSCF2097.jpg

While she was waiting for us to shoot, I saw how interesting her pose was sitting, so I asked her to move back to another spot where the background framed her better, and I layed down prone to get a low vantage point for the framing I wanted. I really like the reduced contrast from shooting into the light.

DSCF2110.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment