Wednesday, June 1, 2011

evening

The light is truly magical in Reykjavik, and especially so late in the daylight hours.

I love the texture of the concrete, and this weird little glass cabinet of plants. Very common sight in Iceland, but somehow somber and dated.

DSCF1795.jpg

I liked all the red in this composition.

DSCF1797.jpg

The green framing of this bench made me want to capture it.

DSCF1799.jpg

This picture captures summer for me in Iceland. Warm sunlight, but it's still chilly out. The plants are growing, but nothing too vibrant.

DSCF1801.jpg

Loved the yellow car in this against the grey wall.

DSCF1805.jpg

I love detail and texture. When I can see layered texture, with pools of light and pools of dark, for not just texture but contrast? I always photograph. The plumbing pipes at the bottom are what make this for me.

DSCF1818.jpg

Sometimes I'm not even sure why I want to capture, I just know I do.

DSCF1819.jpg

Sunset illuminating the Halgrimskirkja, with bonus tourist also capturing further down the street.

DSCF1823.jpg

DSCF1825.jpg

When the house lights are all on, but the daylight hasn't fully faded, I just love the contrast of blue and shades of yellow and orange.

DSCF1828.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment